SEO Copywriting for Persuasive Content and Optimized Articles
It will seem obvious, but not all content on a site is of the same type, because they respond to different purposes. Each page must have a purpose, which can vary from sharing on the Social Network, to signing up for a newsletter, up to filling out a quote request, and so on.
From this point of view, just waiting or hoping will not be enough in order to convince the user to do one of these actions, just because our website looks nice. We will clearly need to do some very specific interventions aiming to persuade the user to do even one of these actions.
In addition to the webpage's layout and all the marketing concepts that make up its conversion optimization, we can create a text that is engaging and forces the user to do a precise action.
On a psychological level, when I address this issue, I apply some principles, taken from the book "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion" by Robert Cialdini, which can be summarized as follows:
- Reciprocity: when someone offers us something, we feel compelled to reciprocate. The lead magnets (for example, "enter your e-mail address and receive a free gift") meet this principle.
- Social Proof: in making decisions, we often rely on what others do. E-commerce reviews are a great example of what social proof is. The clear abuse of this method is false opinions.
- Authority: the best example of what is meant by authority is the esteem generally held towards doctors or lawyers. If an expert writes something in an article, it is often taken for granted, even if the user has not verified it at all.
- Scarcity: given the fact that human beings value resources that are few or rare, the example that comes to mind is the e-commerce slogan "last 20 pieces", or "20 pieces left".
- Sympathy: we like to listen and spend time with those who seem nice to us and that is why we often come back to read the blog of our favorite designer, for example.
- Commitment: it is the classic example of the so-called upsell, when we have already purchased a product and we immediately get another offer to purchase an accessory."
These are just a few examples to apply to your website, but creativity is boundless and you can think of other ways to help you write more persuasive and conversion-oriented texts.
7.3 Title: The Basic Fundamentals
It is not difficult to understand that in Google's search results, the public's attention immediately goes to the title of each result and it is precisely for this reason that we should ensure that we distinguish ourselves from all our competitors in order to attract the greatest number of visitors.
If your article is wonderful, but the title is cold or mediocre, you will not succeed, so take a few minutes to think about a good title.
An effective title headline that attracts attention:
- Stimulates Curiosity: “How To Grow an Orchid In 15 Minutes a Week”
- Includes the Benefit of the product or service: ”Create an Infographic in 3 Minutes”
- It Contains a Question: “How Can I Walk the Dog in Crowded Places?”
- It Works As a Definitive Resource: "Complete Guide to Vegan Cuisine in 2020"
- Includes the Main Keyword at the Beginning: "Electronic Invoice: The Complete Guide"
- It Has The Title Case Format: "Tricks for Growing Orchids at Home" instead of "Tricks for growing orchids at home"
For tricks lovers and in order to increase CTR, the title should include:
- Odd Numbers
- Symbols (➤ obtained with the HTML code ➤ )
- Current Year
I realize that it is not simple, but I suggest referring to newspapers, magazines or directly to other competitors in the Search Engine Results' Pages in order to find interesting ideas to use in your own title.Federico Magni
Federico Magni has been a Senior SEO Specialist for about 10 years with 100 sites ranked on Google and today he is the founder of the All in one SEO platform GetSEOfix.com.
Everything you need to do SEO in 2019
Find out the weaknesses of your site in order to improve its ranking.
Find the ideal domain to launch your project or for your customers.
Learn how to get quality backlinks to your site by following our strategies.
Read the SEO e-book, listen to the audiobook, discover the exclusive quick guides and all the training material.